Exam results – ensuring our students achieve their full potential.
As an academy, we work hard to ensure that our students achieve grades that reflect their potential. In 2023 our students improved, with a Progress 8 Score of -0.89 in 2019, to 0.02 in 2023.
The table below illustrates our Progress 8 scores for 2023, 2022 and 2019. Progress 8 measures the performance of our students compared to the national progress of students with the same starting points across 8 subjects, as prescribed by the government. Please note the National and Local Authority figures are from 2022 until the DfE publish the 2023 data.
|Measure||2019||2022||Provisional 2023||National 2022|
|Progress 8: English||-0.54||0.06||-0.18||-0.04|
|Progress 8: Maths||-0.93||-0.08||0.13||-0.03|
|Progress 8: EBacc||-1.05||-0.34||-0.09||-0.04|
|Progress 8: Open||-1.02||-1.65||0.15||-0.04|
Our provisional KS4 results in 2023 are:
- Progress 8 score: 0.02
- Attainment 8 score: 40.81 (2022 local authority average 43.6, 2022 national average 48.7)
- Percentage of students with a strong pass (grade 5 or above) in English and maths: 34.9% (2022 local authority average 41%, 2022 national average 50%)
- Percentage of students with a standard pass (grade 4 or above) in English and maths: 54.1%
- English Baccalaureate Average Point Score: 3.31 (2022 local authority average 3.74, 2022 national average 4.27)
12.8% of students were entered for the English Baccalaureate Y11
- APS on entry for TAB was 101.5. KS2 Prior Attainment AVG is 104.83. The reading average (national average) was 105 English and Maths was 104.
Destinations: Please note that destinations data is published in arrears. The data below relates to students who completed key stage 4 in 2022.
Pupils staying in education or employment for at least two terms after Key Stage 4 2022: 100% (national average 94%)