At Trinity Academy Bradford, our Year 8 students ‘graduate’ at the end of Phase 1. This aims to raise their aspirations, and help make students feel more motivated for their upcoming GCSE studies.
At the end of their two year journey, parents will be invited to celebrate their child’s achievements at a memorable ceremony, complete with traditional cap and gown.
There are, however, a few requirements students must meet in order to graduate. These include:
- Excellent behaviour record (minimum of 250 Achievement Points per year)
- Excellent attendance record (minimum of 96% over the year)
- High attendance at extra-curricular activities (at least 70% attendance in a club of their choice)
- Participation in academy public speaking events (minimum of 4 per year)
- Good attitude to learning in English, maths and science
- Personalised target met on termly Masters of Recall tests
There are different tiers of Graduation, dependent on how many criteria your child meets, ranging from a First Class to a Third.
Students are regularly updated and advised of their progress towards these targets. All students have a Graduation Journal to allow them to check whether they are on track and, if not, set targets accordingly. Students who exceed these targets will aim to become part of the elite group of students who graduate with honours.